Business Analysis Process and the Role of business analyst in IT
Business Analysis is the process and methodologies in the organization to provide solutions for any business needs and requirements. Business Analysis is a technique to understand the business process, problems, matter, workflow, needs and domains in new and existing product development in any profession and organization. Analysis of business is a very important factor in any organization.
The person who performs these roles and responsibilities called Business Analyst (BA). Business Analyst is also called Functional Consultant. That is the reason Business Analyst is a consultative and facilitative position in any organization. BA analyzes the business models as well as their association with technology and tools. Business analyst provided to guide business processes, products, services, and software through data analytics, Business intelligence, big data and much more.
They are responsible for bridging the gap between information technology and business through data analytics. It includes various responsibilities in any business domain. The major responsibilities are:
- To understand business behavior in any discipline.
- Define and determine the business case.
- Gather information towards the client.
- Analyze business needs and requirements in beginning the project.
- Elicit information from stakeholders.
- Provide solutions in any business perspective.
- Documenting the specific requirement in a format that can be shared and displayed with stakeholders.
- Specifying, organizing and modeling the information and requirements to ensure they are complete and authentic.
- Dealing with Project managers and helped to manage the task and responsibilities to assign other team members.
- Facilitate user acceptance testing to clients and much more.
Business Analyst in Information technology:
Information technology is the pivotal industry in today business. Every business needs computer software and applications to run the operations and stored business data in the database. The organizations have many modules to operate their business example accounting, finance, supply chain, manufacturing, procurement, human resource, payroll, etc.
Each module has its specific requirements. Business Analyst analyzes and understands their specific requirements. BA create plans and strategies with Project managers and suggest development process life cycles like Software Development Lifecycle, the spiral model, waterfall model, agile methodology and much more. Create a testing methodology in association with software quality assurance engineer and suggest better ideas and scenarios.
Business Analyst Skills:
In the theory of IT industry, the Business analyst position requires both hard skills and soft skills. The major business analyst skills are:
- Verbal and Non-verbal communication skills.
- Interpersonal and consultative skills.
- Facilitation skill.
- Analytical thinking and problem-solving.
- Being detailed oriented.
- Capable of delivering accuracy.
- Organizational skills.
- Knowledge of business structure.
- Stakeholder analysis.
- Requirements engineering and gathering.
- Costs benefit analysis.
- Process Modeling.
- Understanding of networks.
- Understand Databases.
- Project management.
- Product Development.
- Understand IT tools (SAP Business One, OBIEE, Qlik, Tableau and MS Excel, etc.)